Easter Workshop 2018 - Jungle Jamboree
We warmly welcome children into our Sunday morning services; the first part of regular service is lively and focused on our children and young people. After about 20 minutes, the children leave to join their Junior Church groups and any child present is welcome to join the group relevant to their age.
Junior Church Vision Statement
- For children and young people to feel secure, loved and valued
- For children and young people to discover that meeting with God is easy, exciting and enjoyable
- For children and young people to build good relationships with one another and their leaders
- For children and young people to know right from wrong
- For children and young people to apply what they learn to their daily lives
What sort of things will you be doing?
Making, drawing, learning, playing, singing and even cooking and debating things, depending on your group. Junior Church groups regularly contribute to the Sunday Services with prayers, sketches or reading and take the major part in the Nativity Service. Occasionally a whole Sunday morning is set aside for an all-age children and young people's Theme Day.
All groups normally leave the main church service at about 10.20am and go to their groups - except for Parade Sundays, when all groups from Harmony upwards stay in Church for the whole service.
How are the Junior Church groups run?
Each of the Junior Church groups is run by a team of volunteer leaders and helpers who all hold up-to-date CRB checks. There are also opportunities for young people to help in the groups with supervision, often working towards the service section of Duke of Edinburgh awards.